I am an Assistant Professor of Physics in the Integrated Sciences and Mathematics (iSciM) program at Habib University, Karachi, Pakistan. I am interested in the study of quantum theory and relativity through the lens of information and computation theory. I also like designing experiments, particularly quantum optics ones, for quantum information applications.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Physics), University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada, 2013 -- 2018.
- Bachelor of Science (Physics), Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan, 2008 -- 2012.
- Abdullah Khalid, Dylan Spivak, Barry C. Sanders, and Hubert de Guise, Permutational symmetries for coincidence rates in multimode multiphotonic interferometry. Physical Review A 97, 063802, 2018. arXiv:1709.06615.
- Ya-Dong Wu, Abdullah Khalid, and Barry C. Sanders, Efficient code for relativistic quantum summoning. New Journal of Physics 20, 063052, 2018. arXiv:1711.10594.
- Ish Dhand, Abdullah Khalid, He Lu, and Barry C. Sanders, Accurate and precise characterization of linear optical interferometers. Journal of Optics 18, 035204, 2016. arXiv:1508.00283.
- Abdullah Khalid, Multi-Mode Multi-Photon Interferometry Applications for Quantum Information Processing (doctoral thesis). University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada. September 2018. Advisor: Barry C. Sanders. http://dx.doi.org/10.11575/PRISM/33073
- Abdullah Khalid and Hassan Bukhari, Domestic Concentrated Solar Thermal Co-generation Plants for Pakistan (undergraduate final year project thesis). School of Science and Engineering, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan. May 2012. Advisors: Sabieh Anwar, Nauman Zaffar.
- Dhanani School of Science and Engineering, Habib University, Pakistan.
- PHY300/CS314 Quantum Computing. Spring 2021.
- PHY302/MATH302 Mathematical Methods for Physics. Spring 2021.
- Phy101L Mechanic and Thermodynamics Lab. Spring 2021.
- SCI122 Inventing the Information Age. Fall 2020.
- MATH202 Engineering Math. Fall 2020.
- PHY300/CS314 Quantum Computing. Spring 2020.
- PHY101 Mechanics Thermodynamics. Spring 2020.
- MATH352/PHY352 Group Theory for Physicists. Spring 2020.
- PHY202 Quantum Mechanics I. Fall 2019.
- Phy101L Mechanic and Thermodynamics Lab. Fall 2019.
- MATH202 Engineering Math. Fall 2019.
- Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Calgary, Canada.
- PHYS365 Acoustics, Optics and Modern Physics. Fall 2016. Taught a 5 week module on Modern Physics.
- Member, QEducation team at QWorld. February, 2021 -.
- Mentor at QBronze46. 23-28 November, 2020.
- Organizer and workshop lead, QBronze38, Pakistan. 2-6 November, 2020.
- How to start a quantum computing startup in Pakistan. Talk at Code.Play(“4.0”), Habib University, Karachi, Pakistan. 12 January 2020. slides
- Radio interview on On the Line with Zuha. Runway Radio, Habib University, Karachi, Pakistan. 28 November 2019. FB video
- Google just built a quantum computer(?), and Pakistan is sitting ducks! How to prepare for the coming quantum computing age. Talk at Guftugu Seminar Series, Habib University, Pakistan. 11 November 2019. slides
- The Race To Demonstrate Quantum Supremacy, And Onward To Quantum Computers. Talk organized by Artificial Intelligence Club, Habib University, Pakistan. 5 November 2019. slides
- Pakistan, quantum computing and cryptography. Talk at Science ka Adaa at The Second Floor, Karachi, Pakistan. 3 October 2019. slides YT Video FB Video